Bill C-65 Workplace Investigations
New regulations under Bill C-65 require employers to have a procedure in place to respond to verbal and written complaints of harassment and violence in the workplace. Procedures that must be in place include:
- Time frame to resolve a complaint
- Confidentiality and privacy of all parties involved: Complainant, Respondent, Witnesses
- Protection for employees harassed by a third-party (eg. client, contractor)
- Qualifications required of investigator assigned to investigate complaint
- Obligations of employer to implement any recommendations and/or corrective measures in response to an investigation report
- Supports available to victims of harassment and/or violence
- Documented records of every occurrence of harassment and/or violence
- background information
- investigative scope and methodology
- summary of the complaint and respondent’s reply
- detailed facts and evidence
- final analysis and conclusion
Recommendations are provided when requested.
Call or email us today to discuss your workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Training needs.
We Can Help!
HR Proactive Inc. has been investigating harassment and violence complaints and conducting training for decades. We have developed a wide range of resources to meet the employer’s due diligence in the area of creating and maintaining a respectful workplace. Our Respectful Workplace eLearning module can be purchased off-the-shelf and customized with client Brand/Logo and Policy. The Bill C-65 Harassment and Violence eLearning SCORM file can be uploaded to your organization’s Learning Management Centre.